Saturday, February 26, 2011

Natures Fury


Laguna's Main Beach
 After weeks of incredibly warm February weather, nature reminds me we are still in the midst of winter. Grey pewter skies have blown in across the great expanse of the Pacific Ocean, bringing large waves roaring into Laguna’s Main Beach.

Looking out across a wide stretch of sand there are no beachcombers today. Their absence reveals the beauty and love affair I have with the wildness of the sea. In the emptiness, I see life everywhere as the wind blows and rain steadily begins to fall. I watch sea gulls ride the thermal air gusts, twisting and dodging in flight as they try with all their might to enjoy the ride.


Laguna's windy shores

Off in the distance, smoke curls rising out of chimneys leaving behind the memory of past loves fury warming my soul on cold wet days. But for today, I am left with only the warmth of a good book and the beauty and power of nature before me.

Laguna is a place like no other with a personality and magnet all its own. The mega rich live in large rambling houses that hang over the ocean looking down on a more laid-back earthy crowd. Somehow their differences blend and enrich this community, creating the unique art colony that it is.

I find places have a way of molding us into who we are. If we let them, communities have the power to transfer life into each of us. If we are lucky, we find the hidden gems in the people and the beauty of the landscape and are drawn to give back and contribute. In the end, it’s all about connection to the earth, having the courage to share yourself, respecting the wonder of nature and believing we are where we should be.


Natures Fury





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You might want to check your settings. I am not getting current update feeds... this happened to my blog awhile back.